The year 1993 saw the materialization of a dream called Freedom Foundation. This facility offers treatment for alcohol and drug dependency. The exclusivity of the facility is the reason for the ‘dream’ to continue and grow with various new innovations and scaled up interventions in the areas of alcohol/drug addiction. Catering to its wide clientele, from within the country and from other countries, this residentially programme is well equipped with private rooms and dormitory facility.
The Goals of the treatment include:
* Interrupt the drinking or drug taking behaviour.
* Detoxification of the individual from alcohol and drugs.
* Break through the denial mechanisms of the illness.
* Break though barriers of isolation and loneliness which separate the individuals from the family,
friends and society.
* Identify and interrupt destructive family and social relationships and replace them with positive ways of
thinking and behaving, that includes working with the whole family.
* Introduction to self help support systems at home and in the community for both family members and
* Establish new communication patterns to enhance interpersonal relationships.
* Discover new and healthier ways of coping with feelings.
* Encourage lifestyle changes necessary to continue abstinence.
* Administer treatment for co- dependants to bring about more meaningful family relationships.
Chemical dependency :
Chemical dependency is a physical and psychological need to use alcohol or other drugs that doesn’t go away even when using them causes negative consequences.
Drugs and Alcohol are chemical substances which on ingestion bring about chemical changes in mood, mind and behaviour of the user. Abusing chemicals alters brain chemistry and affects the body, mind, emotions, spirit (values) and relationships with the concerned individuals, family and society. However it is a disease, which is treatable at any stage in the life cycle of the chemically dependant person.
Co-Dependency : Co Dependency is defined as “Those self defeating, learned behaviours or character defects that result in a diminished capacity to initiate or to participate in loving relationships.” according to Earnie Larsen a specialist on co dependency.
are those people living in a committed relationship are so dependent on the addict/alcoholic that they end up enabling the progression of chemical dependency. Therefore it becomes very essential for families to look into their behaviour which is possible only through getting awareness of this illness and getting to know about their behaviours which are one of the contributing factors to their wards addiction.
freedom foundation is the oldest and best rehab in the country, it caters to clients from all over the country and abroad.
On Par with International Standards
I have been to more than 6 rehabs in India, I finally achieved sobriety at Freedom Foundation. I honestly consider it the best in the country. Their treatment methodology is on par with international; standards . Another unique feature is that the clients are from all over India and abroad, do not know of any other rehab that is so popular…../its the oldest and the best !!
View Larger Map